Saturday, April 10, 2010

Enchilada Casserole On a Dime - Well Not really a dime...

It has been a long day. Although it is already Thursday, it feels like it is one of them endless weeks. Work has been extremely busy, and there had been a strange occurance at my office. I'd rather not publicize. Let me just get right to the point - I'm hungry.

Now, it's about 80 degrees and i decided to make an enchilada casserole. No meat, of course, just some thirsty tortillas, dredged in spicy enchilada sauce and a generous happy dusting of cheese, then layered. Over and over until the baking dish can't fit anymore.

I actually followed the recipe on All Recipes dot com. The recipe's photo looked lovely. Ingredients were minimal, and the steps - simple enough. Of course, I left out the meat. Just simple, cheesy happiness, a little bit of a kick with Las Palmas enchilada sauce. And, to top it off, a sprinkling of olives. 30 minutes at 375 - and done.

Go me!

 Yum. I have to admit this was totally simple to do - and i actually left the casserole in there for an extra 20 minutes  just to get the cheese brown and bubbly up on top.

Absolutely delicious!  So simple and filling, too!  It made me feel like a chef when I pull the cheesy crusty concoction out of the oven. I hope who ever read this gives this recipe a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment